Why I Do What I Do
- It’s not about Kona. Although I can’t tell you how thankful I am for the support I have gotten from you and REALLY hope that I win and can compete in the Ironman World Championship.
- It’s not even about the Ironman Lake Placid. Although I want to compete at the highest level I can in 6 weeks.
- It’s not about the National Ultra Endurance Mountain Bike Series event. Although I think about these events more than any other events I am participating in. I’m a little obsessed.
- It’s not about a faster marathon. Although I want to run a 3:30 marathon eventually.
- It’s not about Ultra Cross races with my friends. Even though next weekend I will be screaming down some wicked fast gravel roads and climbing some soul crushing hills in West Virginia with some of my closest friends. We actually think it’s fun.
- It’s not about running my first Ultra marathon. Although lately I’m thinking more and more about running for 12 hours in the woods. I have fantasized about running this insanity someday.
So why do I do what I do?
I’m not afraid of dying. I’m going to die someday and meet my maker. Honestly I think that will be the best day of my life.
I do what I do because I am afraid of not living.
Three years ago Riley graduated from Riderwood Elementary School and Josh graduated from Dumbarton Middle School.
Friday Riley graduated from Dumbarton Middle School. Yesterday was her 14th birthday. Her dad was living for the events. Not dying for them.
Someday I’ll die on this side of eternity. Could be tomorrow. Could be 60 years from now. Until then I want to live. This fat guy was dying three years ago.
Keep moving forward,