40 in 40: Lesson #27
40 in 40: #27
One of my sons went through a difficult experience recently.
It was not something he had anticipated, not a situation he wanted to be in, and changing the situation was going to be painful.
No parent wants to see their kid deal with a painful situation.
But pain is inevitable and in many circumstances the only thing you can do is act.
And then wait.
You have to give time, time.
That may sound trite.
But for a lot of issues that we face, time will be what is needed. In fact for many things time is the only solution.
- Great relationships don’t happen overnight, they take time.
- Businesses don’t happen overnight, they take time.
- Children don’t mature overnight, it takes time.
- Broken legs don’t heal overnight, it takes time.
- Culture isn’t affected overnight, it takes time.
- Doctors aren’t trained overnight, it takes time.
- Getting a job if you are out of work takes time.
- Creative work like we do at Blue Ocean Ideas doesn’t happen overnight.
It all takes time.
What things in your life do you need to give time, time?
Keep moving forward,