Greg’s Special Pasta Sauce
Greg’s Bolognese Sauce
I love to cook. More now than ever. One of my favorite things is almost anything Italian.
And with most Italian food the secret is in the sauce. Here’s my staple Bolognese sauce. I make a double or triple batch and then use it in a variety of dishes or just over my favorite al dente pasta. It also freezes very well.
- 2 lbs Italian sausage remove from casing
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans of tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) can of tomato paste
- 10 cloves of garlic diced
- 2 tbs italian seasoning
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- optional: red peper flakes to taste
Brown sausage in olive oil in a large sauce pan. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an hour
p.s. I’d love to hear your suggestions for recipes. If you have any feel free to leave them in the comments below.